Welcome to GeekShield!
We see that you not logged in or registerd. Please click one of the buttons below!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Design&Color Edit Program?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Design&Color Edit Program? Empty Design&Color Edit Program? Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:48 am

Illumin8

Illumin8

hey geeks smile just a question i have about coding; ive turned my forumotion into a mess playing with the style sheet & changing text and background colors blindly until the point where everything became shades of gray (haha) my question is; is their a program that i could edit the design and colors of my forum on with a preview mode of what your doing like that on Microsoft FrontPage?

I would like to be able to design and code my own eventually but if its all about writing it all on note pad its gonna be more difficult and time consuming than i thought!

any suggestions?

2Design&Color Edit Program? Empty Re: Design&Color Edit Program? Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:07 am

RockerMan

RockerMan
Administrator
Administrator

Unfortunately Forumotion does not have a preview like feature for CSS, they have one for templates. But not CSS, stupid really..

However, I would recommend you learn CSS before messing around with a forum. They can be complex at times and will cause you nothing but trouble. Download a program called notepad++,it's free. Just create some simple mark-up and style it. That's one of the ways I learned smile

Hope this helps

http://www.geek-shield.com

3Design&Color Edit Program? Empty Re: Design&Color Edit Program? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 am

Illumin8

Illumin8

was hoping that their was an easier way to do it but oh well tounge i'm determined to learn this so i guess ill start from the beginning of an e-book, thanks for the notepad++ program ref; i've downloaded and installed it smile maybe you could help me out throughout my learning process and time here on the geek-shield forum! thanks again

4Design&Color Edit Program? Empty Re: Design&Color Edit Program? Wed May 02, 2012 1:12 am

Equal

Equal

Like RockerMan said, Forumotion capabilities are very limited as is. I suggest you learn CSS through a site like W3Schools. These site is very comprehensive and helpful, and certainly aided me when I was learning HTML. At the moment I am learning Java. tounge

5Design&Color Edit Program? Empty Re: Design&Color Edit Program? Wed May 02, 2012 8:22 am

Illumin8

Illumin8

Alright smile Thanks for the suggestions and info guys. I've found some resources for learning the basics and plan to follow through with the learning process now that i have a good program, thanks to RockerMan for the free notepad++ reference

I'll look into the website you mentioned "W3Schools" also, thanks again smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum